Indoor training will start this week. There will be no outdoor on Wednesday 21st November.
Training times for Indoor are as follows:
- Juniors – Hutchesons’ Grammar, Wednesday nights from 5.30pm – 6.45pm – open to all juniors
- Club Training and Games, Wednesday night; 6.45pm – 8.15pm – open to all
- Ladies Top teams – Hutchesons’ Grammar, Tuesday nights, 8.00pm – 10.00pm – contact Wendy Justice for more information
- Men’s Top Teams – Hutchesons’ Grammar, Wednesday night, 8.15pm – 10.00pm – contact Andrew Allan for more information
- Ladies West District squad – Craigholme Sports Hall – Sunday evening.
There will be regular district games for ladies on a Thursday night and men on a Sunday afternoon at Lagoon Leisure Centre. National and Regional Leagues start in early December.
Clydesdale and Clydesdale Western will be hosting its final camp of 2018 in the October school holiday week (w/b 15th October).
The camps have always proven to be a great week of hockey, and we expect the October camps to be no different. We provide the opportunity for your children to develop their hockey skills through activities and games led by our team of talented and qualified coaches in a safe environment.
All abilities are welcome, especially beginners! If you’re interested in signing your child (or children) up for the camp, please click here.
Clydesdale Hockey Club is one of the leading hockey clubs in Scotland with teams playing at the highest levels of domestic competition and in European events. The Club has a large junior section and offers opportunities for all ages to get involved.
The Club seeks to support the development of players and create an environment in which players can achieve their potential and enjoy the sport. This is delivered by offering players quality training sessions and support on game days.
The Club is looking for a coach to support the Ladies 2nd XI. The position is a voluntary position but a contribution toward travel expenses will be made. This person will report to the Ladies Chairperson. The section is run by Hockey Committee consisting of volunteers selected by the membership. The coach will work closely with the 2nd XI captain and the 1st XI Ladies coach to deliver the objectives listed below.
- Create an environment that enables the development of effective decision making and highly skilled players who are able to consistently execute technically, tactically and physically.
- Implement an inspirational developmental culture that supports development, facilitates learning and gives players a strong sense of individual and collective responsibility.
- Prepare players for the standard and rigours of 1st XI hockey.
- Support and assist youth players to achieve age group representative hockey.
- Work with 2nd XI captain to and assist and advise on selection.
- Work with the 1st XI coach to deliver a consistent development programme.
- Deliver sessions designed to develop the skills and decision making of the players.
- Engage with the players using a variety of communication and presentation tools.
- Be part of the welfare team, responsible for the safety and protection of the individuals in the club.
- Deliver weekly training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday) and coach matches throughout the league and cup schedules.
- Will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the sport of hockey.
- Will be keen to learn and develop their own coaching skills and knowledge.
- Will be qualified to Scottish Hockey Coaching Level 2 or will be working towards a Level 2 in the near future.
- The person may be, currently, an active player.
- They will be able to work in a collaborative manner to deliver common goals.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Rachel Brewer (email@example.com)
With EuroHockey Club Challenge I starting next week at Peffermill, Clydesdale Western are delighted to have two new partners helping to supporting the club. The French Kitchen Gourmet Foods Company and SRS Autoparts.
The French Kitchen specialize in snacks foods in a French bistro style but with a British twist. Their high end gourmet crisps can currently be purchased online at Harvey Nichols.
SRS Autoparts are a family run business who supply parts and servicing for all cars and light commercial vehicles. They have branches in Port Dundas, East Kilbride and Edinburgh.
Many thanks to The French Kitchen and SRS Autoparts for their support for Clydesdale Western participation in EuroHockey Club Challenge I.
The club are delighted at the number of Clydesdale and Clydesdale Western players selected for Scotland in this weekend’s international matches at Under 16 and Under 18 level.
We would like to wish the best of luck of to Anna Hoolaghan, Jessica Buchanan, Jessica Mitchell, Zara Mason, Bronywn Shields, Margery Justice and Lexi Sabatelli for ther inclusion in the Girls squads. We also wish the best of luck to Ben Galloway, David Nairn, Struan Walker and Alasdair Richmond who were selected for the Boys squads. A full list of the squads can be found here on the Scottish Hockey website.
The U16s and U18s squads play Wales on Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday. Clydesdale will be hosting the U16 (5.30pm pushback) and U18 boys (7.30pm pushback) games on Good Friday. A full schedule of games, times and venues are listed below.
- U16 Girls | Uddingston | 17:30
- U18 Girls | Uddingston | 19:30
- U16 Boys | Titwood | 17:30
- U18 Boys | Titwood | 19:30
- U16 Girls | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 13:30 (Pitch 2)
- U16 Boys | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 13:30 (Pitch 1)
- U18 Girls | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 15:30 (Pitch 1)
- U18 Boys | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 15:30 (Pitch 2)
- U16 Girls | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 09:00 | (Pitch 1)
- U16 Boys | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 10:45 | (Pitch 1)
- U18 Girls | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 12:30 | (Pitch 2)
- U18 Boys | Glasgow National Hockey Centre | 12:30 | (Pitch 1)
Photo credit: Duncan Gray