Clydesdale Hockey Club is one of the leading hockey clubs in Scotland with teams playing at the highest levels of domestic competition and in European events. The Club has a large junior section and offers opportunities for all ages to get involved.
There are over 300 Under 18 boys and girls at the Club aged from 5-18. The Club’s junior programme takes up a significantly large part of the Club’s weekly programme. The programme is delivered by a group of qualified coaches. The committee is seeking a person to oversee the delivery of the Junior programme and to ensure best practice is followed and to maintain high standards.
The position will work with the Hockey Committee and have an input into the strategic direction of the Club.
- To manage and deliver the Junior hockey programme at the club.
- To increase Junior hockey membership.
- To increase Junior hockey participation.
- To improve and develop coaching standards and increase the number of qualified coaches at the club.
- To deliver a programme of coaching to assist players to reach national age group teams.
- Support the Friday Night Junior Hockey Co-ordinator to deliver an effective programme of training.
- Support the Camp Co-ordinator to deliver safe, successful and enjoyable camps.
- Support youth teams at U15/U16/U18 competitions.
- Support the delivery of youth hockey on Sunday mornings.
- Support the delivery of high quality training to prepare athletes for representative age group hockey.
The person shall be knowledgeable about the sport of hockey, and ideally holding a UKCC Level 2 Hockey coaching qualification. The person should be aware of the Club’s Child Protection responsibilities and either have attended a Child Protection Awareness course or be willing to attend such a course. The person should have the management and organisational skills to support a dedicated team of coaches in delivering the programme.
If you are interested in helping, please contact, Donald Amour (firstname.lastname@example.org).