Clydesdale Hockey Club is one of the leading hockey clubs in Scotland with teams playing at the highest levels of domestic competition and in European events. The Club has a large junior section and offers opportunities for all ages to get involved.
The Club seeks to support the development of players and create an environment in which players can achieve their potential and enjoy the sport. This is delivered by offering players quality training sessions and support on game days.
The Club is looking for a coach to support the Ladies 2nd XI. The position is a voluntary position but a contribution toward travel expenses will be made. This person will report to the Ladies Chairperson. The section is run by Hockey Committee consisting of volunteers selected by the membership. The coach will work closely with the 2nd XI captain and the 1st XI Ladies coach to deliver the objectives listed below.
- Create an environment that enables the development of effective decision making and highly skilled players who are able to consistently execute technically, tactically and physically.
- Implement an inspirational developmental culture that supports development, facilitates learning and gives players a strong sense of individual and collective responsibility.
- Prepare players for the standard and rigours of 1st XI hockey.
- Support and assist youth players to achieve age group representative hockey.
- Work with 2nd XI captain to and assist and advise on selection.
- Work with the 1st XI coach to deliver a consistent development programme.
- Deliver sessions designed to develop the skills and decision making of the players.
- Engage with the players using a variety of communication and presentation tools.
- Be part of the welfare team, responsible for the safety and protection of the individuals in the club.
- Deliver weekly training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday) and coach matches throughout the league and cup schedules.
- Will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the sport of hockey.
- Will be keen to learn and develop their own coaching skills and knowledge.
- Will be qualified to Scottish Hockey Coaching Level 2 or will be working towards a Level 2 in the near future.
- The person may be, currently, an active player.
- They will be able to work in a collaborative manner to deliver common goals.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Rachel Brewer (firstname.lastname@example.org)